Find a Free Tax Prep Assistance Site
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) tax sites can help filers with income below a certain level file for free. These services are offered by IRS-certified tax professionals who volunteer their time during the busy tax season to help families maximize their tax credits and pay their taxes fairly.
Quickly confirm your eligibility to qualify for in-person free tax filing assistance
- Income less than $60,000
- No rental income (from a property you own)
- Did not file for bankruptcy last year
- Had no cancellation of debt outside of non-business credit cards
- No clergy income
- If married, are filing jointly
- Had no self-employment income with business related expenses over $35,000 or businesses with employees, inventory, or business property
Click a link below to see a map of sites that meet your specific needs.
Please Note: Free Tax Prep Assistance sites are still finalizing their schedules for the 2023 tax season. If you are unable to find a site in your area, please check back at the end of January for updated availability.